Recipe by Tyshero
Yummy, creamy comfort food.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for SPRING PAC 2010 and this is quite an easy dish to prepare. I used the cheddar cheese, half the monterey jack cheese and half pepper jack cheese for a little kick. Very Good!!! Thank you for an easy recipe and a tasty one.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk (more if needed)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated (pepper jack would also be good)
- 500 g pasta (I used lumaconi- extra large macaroni-type noodles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta and drain, set aside.
- Melt margarine, add flour and whisk until well blended.
- Add 2 cups of milk, heat until thickened (about 4 mins in the microwave, stopping half way to whisk).
- Add more milk to thin, if needed and add cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted, heating again if needed.
- Add more milk to thin, if desired.
- Pour cheese over pasta, top with additional cheese and breadcrumbs, if desired, bake at 350 until bubbly.