Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy and delicious.
Make and share this Easy Cheesy Kielbasa & Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded (8 oz)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cleaned, cut into spears
- 3 large carrots, cleaned, peeled, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- In frying pan, melt 1 tbsp butter and sauté onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Add salt, pepper, horseradish and parsley.
- In medium bowl, mix together onions, mushrooms, 1 1/2 cups cheese, noodles, and milk.
- Spoon into a buttered 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Sauté kielbasa in remaining tablespoon of butter for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange kielbasa in center of noodles in baking pan.
- Cook vegetables until just tender and arrange around the kielbasa.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over vegetables.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
This was good but I did make some changes. I omitted the potatoes cause noodles AND potatoes in a casserole was just too many carbs,IMO. I added some garlic with the onion when I sauteed it. When the noodles were almost done, I put the cut up broccoli in the water with them and cooked it all together for about 5 minutes(didn't want the broccoli getting mushy).And I used canned carrots since they're already cooked to cut down on cooking time, in general. Good dish...very tasty and I like that it had the veggies in it.