Pepper Monkey's Note:
I have made this recipe over and over and it has been a huge success every time. I tweaked this recipe over time to fit my own personal tastes and I hope your family will like it too. Don't be afraid of the long instructions, they take you through this quick dish step by step.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 -2 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 pinch cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups dry rice
- 4 cups water
- 1start cooking two cups of rice with 4 cups of water in a small pot over medium heat. For extra flavor cook with chicken broth instead.
- 2preheat a large stock pot on medium heat with two teaspoons of vegetable oil.
- 3Slice sausage and dice chicken into 1/2 inch size pieces.
- 4Brown meat until it is golden brown.
- 5Meanwhile, mince garlic. chop all the green pepper, onions, celery and mushrooms into 1/2 inch size pieces.
- 6When meat is browned add in all the chopped vegetables and stir to combine.
- 7Wait three minutes and pour can of diced tomatoes and juices over veggies. Add chicken broth and seasonings.
- 8Stir to combine and let simmer on stove for 20 minutes checking occasionally until done.
- 9Add cheese and pinch of corn starch and cook 10 more minutes.
- 10Remove from heat and serve over rice and top with shredded chesse.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (773 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1037.3
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 178.0 mg
- Sodium 1861.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 65.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt