Recipe by Foodie Blog Stalker
I found this recipe on another website years ago and have been making it ever since. There are similar recipes on this website but I can't stray from this one, it's the best! These potatoes are a staple at my family functions, even my very picky little cousins love them. I usually prepare it a day in advance and bake it when needed.
Top Review by Chef Nonie39
Although a great recipe and easy to prepare, I was not thrilled with the flavor. I may have added to much onion as the taste was over powering. I suggest sticking to the recipe and not added the extra. Also, next time I would mix the potatoes with the sour cream/soup/cheese then place in the pan.
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (you can also sub cream of mushroom)
- 12 -16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease one 13x9 baking dish.
- Place thawed potatoes in bottom of prepared dish.
- In a separate bowl combine: 1/2 cup of the melted butter, condensed soup, cheese, sour cream, salt, and onion. Mix well and spread over potatoes.
- Top evenly with crushed cornflakes and drizzle the remainined 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes.