I found this recipe on another website years ago and have been making it ever since. There are similar recipes on this website but I can't stray from this one, it's the best! These potatoes are a staple at my family functions, even my very picky little cousins love them. I usually prepare it a day in advance and bake it when needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (you can also sub cream of mushroom)
- 12 -16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease one 13x9 baking dish.
- 2Place thawed potatoes in bottom of prepared dish.
- 3In a separate bowl combine: 1/2 cup of the melted butter, condensed soup, cheese, sour cream, salt, and onion. Mix well and spread over potatoes.
- 4Top evenly with crushed cornflakes and drizzle the remainined 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- 5Bake uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Hash Browns Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.8
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.8 mg
- Sodium 1059.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g