1/2 Photos of Easy Cheesy Hamburger Soup
This is a simple, easy, inexpensive soup that kids and adults love! I usually add about 1 cup frozen corn (thawed), and 1 can of green beans. This really adds to the veggie content, and overall heartiness of the soup. This is my husband's favorite!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 6 -8 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup dry small shell pasta (such as ditallini)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1In a 5 quart stock pot brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic.
- 2Add the tomatoes, water, bouillon, carrots, potatoes and celery.
- 3Simmer until the veggies are tender (about 15 minutes).
- 4Add the uncooked pasta- continue to simmer for about 10 minutes- until pasta is near cooked through.
- 5Add the cubed velveeta- stir until melted.
- 6Combine the milk and flour- whisk until smooth- add to simmering soup, stir until thickened.
- 7(you may have to adjust the milk flour ratio to desired consistency.).
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Hamburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (660 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.3
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 1240.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 27.6 g