Recipe by pixiesmom
This is a simple, easy, inexpensive soup that kids and adults love! I usually add about 1 cup frozen corn (thawed), and 1 can of green beans. This really adds to the veggie content, and overall heartiness of the soup. This is my husband's favorite!!!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 6 -8 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup dry small shell pasta (such as ditallini)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 quart stock pot brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, water, bouillon, carrots, potatoes and celery.
- Simmer until the veggies are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add the uncooked pasta- continue to simmer for about 10 minutes- until pasta is near cooked through.
- Add the cubed velveeta- stir until melted.
- Combine the milk and flour- whisk until smooth- add to simmering soup, stir until thickened.
- (you may have to adjust the milk flour ratio to desired consistency.).