Recipe by juniperwoman
I found this in a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and, man, does it look good! I bet the serving size--4 people!--is a little overoptimistic, though. And I would definitely add some spices.
- 6 ounces linguine (spinach or plain flavor, dried)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 6 ounces cooked ham, cut into bite-size strips
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook pasta and carrots in a large amount of boiling salted water for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, return to boiling and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until pasta is tender but slightly firm and vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour, parsley and basil. Add milk at all once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add ham and cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Pour over pasta and vegetables; toss to combine.