Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy quick one skillet recipe with lots of taste, which makes this perfect for a weeknight meal, also a great recipe to use up any leftover rice, if you don't have 3 cups leftover cooked rice just add in what ever you have! All ingredient amounts can be adjusted to suit taste. If you really want to intensify this skillet dish even more, omit the seasoned salt and hot sauce in this recipe and add in a couple tablespoons of The Best Creole/Cajun Seasoning Mix I keep this handy to use in many recipes!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oxo beef bouillon powder (or use 2 small packages bouillon powder)
- seasoning salt or white salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup green chili (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth or 1⁄2 cup water
- hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 cup coarsley crushed corn chips
- In a large skillet cook the beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper (if using) until the meat is browned drain fat.
- Add in beef bouillon powder; mix to combine then season with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the cooked rice, cream of mushroom soup, green chiles and beef broth or water and hot sauce or Tabasco to taste; stir over low heat until combined and heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the grated cheddar cheese until melted and combined.
- Top with crushed corn chips just before serving.