Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are great for breakfast or dinner. If you have never had grits these would be a good place to start. Grits = hominy.
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking grits
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese, shreds (found in the cheese section)
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan bring the water and grits to a boil, stirring constantly once they begin to thicken.
- Add corn and cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.