Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this recipe at cooks.com. My goal in the summer of 2005 was to be "grill master." For Father's Day, my wife cleared out the kids and my gift was to get to grill ALL day long with no other responsibility. This is one of the many recipes I cooked that day.
- 3 large baking potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 5 slice bacon, crisply cooked
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 226.79 g old English cheese, cubed (processed)
- 118.29 ml butter
- Slice potatoes 1/8 inch thick.
- Place on a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle potatoes with garlic salt and pepper.
- Spread crumbled bacon, onion and cheese cubes over the potatoes.
- Slice butter in small pieces and distribute evenly on top.
- Tightly seal foil and place package on the grill over medium heat (close grill cover).
- Cook for 45 minutes or until tender, turning every 10 minutes.