Cook1 hr 15 mins
Since my DH and DS could make a meal just on taters, I'm always searching for new and great tater recipes, this one happens to be a really good one. If you like some heat add in some cayenne pepper or chopped jalapeno.
- Peel the potatoes and place in cold water to prevent turning dark; set aside.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add in onion and garlic; saute until soft (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add in the evaporated milk and bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salt and pepper; beat until frothy.
- Shred the potatoes, and add to the egg mixture; toss to combine.
- Add in the milk mixture; stir to combine.
- Set aside about 1 cup of cheese and add the rest to the potato mixture, and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and return to oven, bake for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve hot.