Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This recipe is so ridiculously cheap and easy that it's almost embarrassing, but I'm posting it anyway for anyone who has picky little eaters or who is simply looking for a quick and easy fix. It is not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination but is just what it's title suggests: easy, cheesy & garlicy. My family said, "yum", and I hope yours does too!
- 8 slices Italian bread (store-bought sliced bread, white or wheat)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened (or margarine spread)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven broiler to lowest setting and position oven rack 8-10 inches from heating element.
- Place slices of bread on a baking sheet. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn slices over and spread untoasted side evenly with butter/margarine. Then sprinkle lightly with garlic powder and black pepper. Then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and broil for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned to your liking.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.