Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Kraft Food & Family catalog. I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 9x13 dish. I have also substituted spinach for the basil, excellent both ways.
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs, egg whites and water in a medium bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the bacon and basil.
- Pour into greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I made this for breakfast this morning and we really enjoyed it. The bacon and the fresh basil gives it a lot of flavor. I like that this is good for you, too, and it is filling. I added some freshly ground black pepper because I love it but no salt. Thanks for sharing!
This was very easy to put together for a quick breakfast. Loved the fresh basil in this. I made as directed except to add a little salt and pepper. Thanks