Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The best way to get your kids to eat their broccoli. This is great for every day,special occasions, an even large groups. My kids get so exited when they find out this is for dinner. There are six of us so I always double it.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (we like mild)
- 1 garlic clove
- In sauce pan, melt butter.
- Stir in salt, flour, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir 2 minutes or until thick.
- Reduce heat, add cheese, cook and stir till melted.
- Rub fondue pan well with garlic clove. Then transfer fondue, keep warm.
- Serve with: Cubed ham, broccoli, apples, cubed breads (we love French and potato rosemary), and any other meat or veggie you prefer.
A delicious and fun meal. We used sharp cheddar and dipped broccoli, bread cubes, cauliflower, carrots, and apples. Broccoli and apples were favorites with my family. We plan to do this often. Thanks for the recipe!
This was quite good and very easy to do. I served it as a side to barbecued sausages and hamburgers. We dipped tortilla chips, triscuit crackers and some blanched broccoli. Next time I would use a stronger cheddar (I used mild). Thx for posting!
We LOVE this fondue! It is becoming a regular at our house....my 5 and 3-year olds love it and I've decided to have it at least bi-weekly if not weekly because it's such a fun way to end our day together. It seems like such a "together" meal to have. Thanks for a great recipe!