Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really easy recipe from my mom's collection. I don't eat it because I don't eat red meat, but I have made this recipe a million times for others and EVERYONE loves it!! Guys especially seem to rave about it, and kids really like it too. Great family-pleaser!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can crescent roll
- 5 -7 slices American cheese
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Brown hamburger in skillet with chopped onion.
- Mix in sauce.
- Flatten out crescent roll in baking pan (1 large or 2 small), sealing perforations.
- Top with hamburger mixture down center.
- Top with American cheese slices.
- Fold over sides and ends to look something like a stromboli.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
Husband and I loved it. Was surprised that the kids (aged 10 and 12) did not care for it. They can spot onions a mile away! I would omit the onions next time for their sake. I also brushed the dough with a beaten egg (called an egg wash) and it was a beautiful brown when I brought it out of the oven. This would be an impressive party dish. Just put on a platter, slice it and let them at it. Thanks for sharing!
Very delicious and super easy! My husband thought it was alot like sloppy joes, he loved it!
This was great for a quick meal.