Recipe by Manda
This is a really easy recipe from my mom's collection. I don't eat it because I don't eat red meat, but I have made this recipe a million times for others and EVERYONE loves it!! Guys especially seem to rave about it, and kids really like it too. Great family-pleaser!
Top Review by jkdraper
Husband and I loved it. Was surprised that the kids (aged 10 and 12) did not care for it. They can spot onions a mile away! I would omit the onions next time for their sake. I also brushed the dough with a beaten egg (called an egg wash) and it was a beautiful brown when I brought it out of the oven. This would be an impressive party dish. Just put on a platter, slice it and let them at it. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can crescent roll
- 5 -7 slices American cheese
- sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger in skillet with chopped onion.
- Mix in sauce.
- Flatten out crescent roll in baking pan (1 large or 2 small), sealing perforations.
- Top with hamburger mixture down center.
- Top with American cheese slices.
- Fold over sides and ends to look something like a stromboli.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.