1/1 Photo of Easy Cheesy Dog Treats
PSU Lioness's Note:
I came up with the recipe after I decided to make treats for my family and friends' dogs for Christmas. I needed something soft because one of the old Chihuahuas teeth had started falling out and he couldn't chew the really crispy dog treats anymore. They do get a little crispy on the bottom but they're still slightly soft on the top. Store them in the refrigerator to keep them soft. I hope your dogs like them as much as ours did! (The recipe amounts have been adjusted for a double batch. Cut in half to make a single batch)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together cheese, whole wheat flour and garlic powder.
- 3Place beef bouillon cubes in a small bowl.
- 4Add 1 cup water.
- 5Microwave the bouillon mixture for 1 minute or until the water is very hot.
- 6Stir and mash bouillon cubes until you have a very concentrated beef broth.
- 7Add oil, broth and honey BBQ sauce to the flour/cheese mixture. You may have to use your hand for this but it doesn't stick very much.
- 8Place on counter (you don't need flour) and knead 10 to 15 times.
- 9Roll out to 1/4" thickness.
- 10Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter (I used a flower cutter that was about 2-1/2" across).
- 11Spray a cookie sheet; place the cut-outs on the sheet.
- 12Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (less time makes them softer).
- 13To keep them soft, store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Pet Food Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pet Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Dog Treats
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 84
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 53.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honey barbeque sauce