Recipe by MoreWithLessMom
This recipe is from the 100 Days of Real Food blog. Super easy and just 3 ingredients, from scratch. The sharper the cheese is the cheesier the crackers will be.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into tablespoon size chunks
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1 1/2 c)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all three ingredients in a food processor and blend (the sharper the cheese the cheesier the cracker). The mixture will eventually turn into one big ball chasing itself around the bowl. Be patient because it can take a few minutes.
- Roll the ball into a log about 1 ½” in diameter. At this point you could refrigerate the dough until later.
- With a sharp knife slice ¼” thick pieces off the log (pictured) and place each one flat on an ungreased baking sheet. Try to rotate which side you are cutting down on because the top of the log does start to flatten a little. It is like your very own homemade slice and bake!
- If you want your crackers to look a little fancy (as pictured above) take a fork and gently mash down the top of each one before baking.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- These crackers can be stored in the freezer so double the recipe and save some for later!