Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
One pan cooking means less cleaning up. It is a speedy dish to cook. The cheese flavor and different textures are lovely. A great quick meal for the family.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces frozen oven chips (about)
- 5 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 medium eggs
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Heat the oil over a highish heat in a large frying pan and throw in the chips.
- Fry for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally until they have completely defrosted and turned crisp and golden.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a third of the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the chips in the frypan and lower the heat.
- Cook the eggs, rippling the sides into the middle every time they begin to set, until only the top and middle are runny.
- Scatter the remaining cheese on top and place the pan under the grill for 3 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is brown and bubbling and the eggs have souffled up.
- Serve in wedges with lots of salad.
yummy...comfort food. I liked this very much.
I was on the lookout for a quick and easy supper dish using the ingredients I had on hand and so thought I would try this. It's been in my cookbook for ages. I was really delighted with the results, for little effort I ended up with a very tasty supper and I know I will make this again. Thanks!