Recipe by PeachPie24
Simple and Great for Kids
Top Review by ChefDLH
Thanks for posting PeachPie24. This was a quick, INEXPENSIVE, and easy meal with all the ingredients I had on hand. 5 stars for chili mac. I made as written except that I left out the red pepper as that is our family's preference. This is a very, very cheesy dish. I used Hormel Chili with beans and I think the beans added some texture and flavor. Perfect one dish meal that kids and the adults enjoyed. Definitely not low calorie as the cheese was quite a bit. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the Macaroni noodles as directed on the package.
- While the macaroni is cooking, dice your onion up and saute in 1 tbsp of butter. When the onion is soft and translucent, add the can of chili, black pepper, red pepper, and garlic powder, heat on medium low until hot.
- Drain the macaroni noodles, add the two cups of cheese, remaining tbsp of butter and the chili, blend until the cheese is melted, then add salt to taste.