Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and Great for Kids
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook the Macaroni noodles as directed on the package.
- While the macaroni is cooking, dice your onion up and saute in 1 tbsp of butter. When the onion is soft and translucent, add the can of chili, black pepper, red pepper, and garlic powder, heat on medium low until hot.
- Drain the macaroni noodles, add the two cups of cheese, remaining tbsp of butter and the chili, blend until the cheese is melted, then add salt to taste.
Thanks for posting PeachPie24. This was a quick, INEXPENSIVE, and easy meal with all the ingredients I had on hand. 5 stars for chili mac. I made as written except that I left out the red pepper as that is our family's preference. This is a very, very cheesy dish. I used Hormel Chili with beans and I think the beans added some texture and flavor. Perfect one dish meal that kids and the adults enjoyed. Definitely not low calorie as the cheese was quite a bit. Enjoy! ChefDLH
I've been looking something to do with my canned hormel chili, and this looked good so I gave it a shot. I used just slightly less pasta, only 1 and 3/4 cups left in the box, and a little less cheese I think, i didn't measure. I cooked the macaroni just shy of al dente and mixed it with the chili, butter, and cheese, put it in a small caserole and baked covered for 45 minutes it was very good. next time i think i'll add some kidney beans, tomatoes, and maybe some corn. thanks for posting!