Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I got this recipe from Campbells. I never can make enough! Its great for people who don't like a lot of kick in their dips, but it can be adjusted for the flaming-mouth lovers. Can be made the night before if needed.
- spread cream cheese at the bottom of a pie plate (I spoon out the package and throw in the microwave to make spreading easier).
- cover the cream cheese with a thin layer of shredded cheese-about 1/2 to 1 cup.
- pour the chili over the shredded cheese layer.
- top with remaining shredded cheese.
- microwave the layered dip until the cheese on top is fully melted-about 2 minutes.
- serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
- note-this recipe can be doubled and thrown together in a crock pot for larger amounts of people.
I tried this in the crockpot and it was too thick and kept breaking chips. It tasted good but wouldn't bring it to a potluck because of the consistency.
As with Lainie (previous reviewer) I made this to serve as part of a meal & IT IS SO TASTY! Now I can hardly wait to have it as a dip on my finger food counter! Thanks for sharing this great keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed for an adoptee in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
I love this dip! We ate this as our main meal (along with a small dinner salad) and it was gone in a flash. I used Nalley's 98% Fat Free Vegetarian Chili and Mexican blend cheese and served with tortilla chips. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.