Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is creamy cheesy and really good, not to mention really fast too! you can sub a different pasta for the penne and use cooked turkey in place of chicken.
Top Review by Ang11002
I made this tonight for dinner and used LC pasta and LC milk as my only subs which I know wouldnt effect the outcome. This was tasty but my sauce was super runny. I am not sure why. I used regular Velveeta and sour cream. My 7 yr old did scarf it down though and it was extremely easy to prepare. I may bake it in the oven like shapeweaver did next time to "bring it together". Thanks Kit:) XOXO. ***amended to add 1 star. After sitting overnight the sauce thickened up nicely. I suspect I should of waited a bit after making to let the sauce thicken on its own. I was hungry though;)**
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat cook the Velveeta cheese with sour cream and milk until smooth and the cheese has melted.
- Season with black pepper if desired.
- Pour over the cooked pasta.
- Stir in the chicken; mix well to combine.
- Ladle the mixture into bowl and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.