Recipe by Susan2324
This is a favorite of my family. Also a favorite of mine because it is very quick to put together. I modified it from a recipe found in a Land O Lakes recipe brochure. I use turkey instead of chicken because it is available pre-packaged at my local grocery store.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
This was very good and so easy! I used a mild taco sauce and added some taco seasoning. The melted cheese is a great touch, and it helps hold the tacos together. My husband said it didn't even taste like chicken. Thanks Susan- Roxygirl
- 1 lb ground chicken (I use ground turkey)
- 1 cup taco sauce (you choose the heat)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 10 taco shells
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- sliced black olives
- chopped tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook chicken or turkey over medium-high heat until it is no longer pink.
- Stir in taco sauce.
- Continue cooking until mixture just starts to boil.
- Add cheese.
- Remove from heat and stir just until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, warm taco shells according to package directions.
- Spoon into taco shells and serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, black olives or any other taco fixings your family enjoys.