Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick fix after a long day at the office!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into pieces
- In a large skillet sautee the onions and mushrooms in the olive oil until onions are soft. Add chicken, cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Stir in water and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook until Velveeta is completely melted.
We loved this! The only things I changed were: I doubled the mushrooms and boiled it down at the end to get it a little thicker. I think next time I'll cut down on the chicken (just a personal preference), but I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe!
I love this recipe! I have subsituted chicken for sausage, shrimp, crawfish tails & even the little meatballs you find at weddings. Everytime I make it no matter what meat I choose, the pot will be dang near licked clean! All of my friends INSIST I invite them everytime I make this. We're down south in Louisiana and LOVE spicy foods, so I put in the Very Spicy rotel tomatoes instead of regular. I don't always put in the broccoli, as not everyone that eats it loves veggies. But none the less, this is made VERY often at my home!! :):)