Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Our quick week-night dinner solution. Use a rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken. Add different ingredients or spices as desired for each family member.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped, shredded
- 2 cups shredded jalapeno jack cheese (or similar cheese)
- 8 flour tortillas
- butter or margarine
- Heat a frying pan or griddle to medium high heat.
- Set out chicken and cheese for quick access.
- Butter 1 side each of two tortillas.
- Place one tortilla buttered side down on the griddle and quickly sprinkle about 1/2 cup chopped chicken and 1/2 cup shredded cheese all over the tortilla.
- Place the second tortilla, buttered side up, over the filling.
- Fry for about a minute or until bottom tortilla begins to brown and cheese begins to melt and stick tortillas together.
- Using a wide spatula, quickly flip the quesadilla and continue frying until the bottom tortilla is toasted and the filling is hot and bubbily.
- Continue with each quesadilla. Cut quesadillas into wedges.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
This is a great recipe for a quick and easy chicken quesadillas. Perfect for a quick lunch. Thanks so much for sharing it, MommyMakes. It will make many repeat performances on on table.