Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Kraft Foods website. I modified it to suit our taste and was very pleased with the result! This is a kid pleasing recipe and is super easy for a quick weeknight meal!
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and cook chicken until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink;drain.
- Add soup and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in 2 cups of shells macaroni.
- Reduce heat to medium-low;cover with tight-fitting lid.
- Simmer 12 minutes or until macaroni shells are tender.
- Add the Velveeta, thawed vegetables, mushrooms and cumin; stir until the Velveeta is melted and the vegetables are heated through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Add a little bit of crushed red pepper to the dish if you'd like it to have a bit of a kick!
I did not have time to mess around with cooking last night. I used frozen leftover turkey cubes, but otherwise,followed the recipe exactly. WOW!! Dig in your cupboards and make this tonight! The addition of the peas made it mildly sweet and the cheese added the flavor. The neighbor girl ate 3 helpings and went on and on about how I cook better than her mom! (yikes) There was not one drop left - which is a miracle because the fam usually doesn't like things "mixed together" Thanks for making me look good! PS. I liked it that you added the macaroni and cooked them in the soup mixture. I hate precooking noodles!
I made this recipe on 12/5/12 for the " Simple And Relaxed December Dinner Fare " event in the Food Photo Forum. Except for leaving out the mushrooms,( I don't care for them )the recipe was made exactly as written. This recipe doesn't take long to make at all, and if you use leftover chicken the time to make would be even faster.My SO and I both enjoyed the taste,but felt like it needed a bit of " something " . If this is made again, a bit of garlic powder maybe added. " Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "