Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a quick, easy way to make chicken parmesan. The chicken breasts are baked--not fried--so I like to think it's a healthier version. Enjoy!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
What a quick and delicious meal this recipe makes. I used chicken breast tenders because that was what I had on hand. The chicken was very moist and tender. You don't need a knife to cut this chicken, it cuts easily with your fork. I breaded and cooked the chicken for about 25 minutes and then topped it with the cheeses, the sauce and another topping of the cheese. Then I stuck it back in the oven for the remaining 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Delicious!!! Made for December, 2008 Aussie/NZ Swap.
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, dried, seasoned
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked (per package instructions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread crumbs in a wide, shallow bowl. Whisk together egg and milk In another wide, shallow bowl. Dredge chicken breasts one at a time in the egg mixture first and then in the bread crumbs. Place coated breasts side-by-side in a baking dish.
- Dividing evenly, top each breast with 3/4 cup mozzarella and then follow with 1/3 cup parmesan.
- Divide spaghetti sauce evenly and spoon over each breast.
- Top each breast with remaining mozzarella and parmesan in the same order as above.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until juices from chicken breasts run clear and cheese topping is lightly browned.
- During last 15 minutes of chicken's cooking time, prepare spaghetti per package instructions.
- Serve over hot, cooked spaghetti.