Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a combination of cornflake crumb coated chicken recipes that I have encountered over the years. It is also a spin-off of a family recipe. It is truly delicious. I usually cook in very small portions and I seldom measure, so please use your judgment to adjust the ingredients to your needs.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed into crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, to taste,divided (e.g. Lawrys)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste,divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste,divided
- cooking spray
- Season chicken breast strips with half the listed portion of seasoned salt, cayenne and black peppers.
- It is best to let chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, but this is optional.
- In a plastic bag, combine cornflakes crumbs, the remaining half portions of seasoned salt, cayenne and black peppers, add the parmesan cheese to this mixture, combine by shaking the plastic bag.
- Rub the chicken strips with the softened margarine to help the crumbs stick.
- Drop the chicken strips into the plastic bag containing the cornflakes mixture, shake until the chicken pieces are coated.
- Place the coated strips in a single layer on foil paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Lightly spray the chicken strips with a spritz of cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the chicken strips with the shredded cheddar cheese.