Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of my favorite dishes,so easy to make and so good to eat!
Make and share this Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed (6-inch)
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1.Heat the oven to 350°F Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- 2.Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
- 3.Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
- 4.Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.
- 5.Ingredient Note: Stir 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, into the chicken mixture before filling the tortillas, if desired.
- 6.Easy Substitution: Substitute 3 cans (4.5 ounces each) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained, for the cooked chicken.
- 7.Serving Suggestion: Serve with iceberg salad mixed with carrots and red cabbage and a red wine vinaigrette.
My 8 yr old thought it was really great. I'll be making this on a regular basis.
I loved these! I had leftover chicken thawed and it was a snap to put these together. I did add additional cheese over the top of the sauce before I covered them. Creamy, cheesy, and good!
I used a medium Picante sauce and think I will opt for hot next time. Thank you for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2011.