Ms. DMAC's Note:
I am not kidding when I say everyone LOVES this dish. Even the pickiest eaters rave. It is very simple to make, and would be a great one to have the little ones help.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shredded chicken (the meat from half a rotisserie chicken)
- 8 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 375.
- 2Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, add onions and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add the shredded chicken, salsa, and water to the skillet, bring to a simmer with cover off on medium for about 15 minutes.
- 4Add the taco seasoning to the mixture and bring to a simmer once again. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken mixture from heat and add the sour cream. Set aside.
- 6In a 2 quart rectangular glass baking dish, add half of one can of the enchilada sauce.
- 7Take the 8 tortillas and wrap them in damp paper towels, then microwave for about 30 seconds (this will make them easier to fold).
- 8Start adding the chicken mixture to the tortillas, being careful not to overstuff. Put the mixture in the center of the tortilla and fold the bottom to the middle, then each side, placing the enchilada in the dish seam side down.
- 9Fill the dish with these enchiladas, making a tight fit.should get 7-9 of these in the dish.
- 10Pour all of the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas in the dish, making sure to pour around the edges and completely cover each one.
- 11Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheese over the whole top.
- 12Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and is just starting to turn brown.
- 13Wait about 10-15 minutes before cutting, it will be easier to serve if it cools down a bit first. Serve with white corn tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.1
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 1151.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: