Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another fantastic Midwest Living recipe I found years ago. This is so good with a great big glass of wine. Sometimes it's all I want for dinner!
- In a bowl, stir together cheddar cheese spread and butter.
- Stir in wine, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, onion and garlic.
- Cut bread crosswise into thick slices, cutting to bottom crust but NOT through it.
- Spread slices with cheese mixture.
- Place loaf on a baking sheet and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Absolutely scrumptious bread! I could have made this my entire meal tonight...it was that good! I bought a loaf of french bread that was already sliced almost all the way through, then sliced it four times lengthwise to make smaller pieces of the bread. I only used 1/2 of the loaf for our meal tonight and since the pieces were smaller, it required the whole amount of cheese spread mixture to cover all the sides of the slices. I substituted white grape juice for the wine and used 1 T garlic powder instead of the clove. I served this with a chicken mushroom chowder. Since I still have 1/2 of the loaf left, I'm going to get more Velveeta tomorrow and guess what we're having tomorrow night! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
Super cheese-y!! I used Velveeta cheese and I didn't have any white wine to add, but it was still delicious. I made it in the morning, and wrapped it in foil and put it in the fridge. After Church, I popped it into the oven and then served it with soup. My kids found the garlic "too spicy" but my husband and I loved it! Thanks for sharing this recipe!