Recipe by Alskann
I adapted this recipe years ago from an old microwave cookbook. My children were young then and loved it. It is still one of their most requested recipes for family get togethers. The amounts can be adjusted to suit your taste. If you have a nice microwave safe dish, this makes a beautiful presentation straight to the table.
Top Review by CoffeeB
This get 5 stars Alskann for taste and color. I might have used a bit too much mustard and so will scale back on that next time. But, this would have to do w/preference only. So glad I tagged this for 123 HitWonders 08~
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning (Morton Nature's Seasons seasoning blend)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water (approximate)
- seasoned bread crumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cauliflower in a deep microwave safe dish that has a lid or can be covered with plastic wrap.
- Mix together mayonnaise, mustard, Nature's Seasons, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread over cauliflower, covering completely. Use it all.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and microwave on 50% power for 10 minutes.
- At this point you can top it with seasoned bread crumbs, if you choose.
- Then microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
- Let sit in microwave, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the lid or plastic wrap (hot steam will escape). And serve.