Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A make the night before, pop in the oven the morning of breakfast/brunch casserole.
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread slices in bottom of a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender; spoon evenly over bread.
- Top with ham.
- Combine cheeses and flour; sprinkle over ham.
- Combine milk and next 4 ingredients; pour over cheese.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I had family visiting over the weekend and I made two of these for Sunday Brunch. It was very easy to put together. Put in the refrigerator overnight and that made for an easy breakfast entree with no fuss. It tasted delicious and we all thought it deserved 5-stars. Thanks Nurse Di.