Recipe by SassiKatt Chef
Eggs, sausage, sour cream, cheese and tomatoes are part of this satisfying breakfast casserole that is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat eggs with sour creamd until well blended.
- Pour into buttered 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake 10 minutes or until egg mixture is softly set.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage, mushrooms and onions in large skillet until sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally to break sausage apart. Drain.
- Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees. Spoon tomatoes over egg mixture, add sausage mixture, and top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until egg mixture is completely set in the middle.