Recipe by LogicallyLocked
I adapted this recipe from The Dinner Doctor book. It was really easy to make, so it's perfect for someone who doesn't have a lot of time to put together dinner. I didn't really measure out my hot sauce, I just kindof shook the bottle out over the rice mix, feel free to adjust the amount of hot sauce or substitute with pepper. This recipe would be equally good without the chicken.
Top Review by DNW7419
This was a good recipe! My DB and I enjoyed it, but I felt like something was missing. My DD and DS were not impressed, but they are not impressed with anything that has melted cheese...LOL! I can't imagine what I am needing for this to be a five star recipe for me, but if I figure it out, I will review it again. Thanks for the quick, easy, and satisfying last minute dinner!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup Cheez Whiz
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut up chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and cook over medium heat in olive oil with salt and pepper until cooked through.
- Place frozen broccoli in a bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes, just enough so it can be broken up. Pour broccoli and juices into a 13x9 pan, and place in the oven to continue thawing while you complete the next step.
- Place the rice, soup, Cheez Whiz, chicken, milk and hot sauce into a bowl and mix together until combined. The mix will be thick.
- Take the broccoli out of the oven. Using a wooden spoon spread the rice mix over the top of the broccoli evenly. Don't worry if the broccoli is still a little frozen.
- Sprinkle the cheddar and bread crumbs on top and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!