Recipe by JanuaryBride
Great, easy comfort food! This cheesy casserole includes your meat, veggies AND starch. . .an all in one meal. Try it out tonight! Feel free to sub out Broccoli soup for the mushroom soup if it is available in your part of the world. Canned mushrooms are also great in this recipe if you have an extra can in the pantry.
Top Review by Skipper/Sy
Out of the 94 recipes submitted for the RSC Lucky #13 contest this recipe is one of three I had decided to try. So you are way ahead of the other chefs and according to my rating will start out with three stars/feathers in your cap! I love using my Crock Pot, so I was really looking forward to making this recipe. I donâ€™t care for instant rice and therefore substituted whole grain rice and added one cup of water. I also cooked this recipe for 2 Â½ hours since I felt it was finished by then. However, the rice was a little to hard (the instant rice would have been fully cooked). My suggestion would be to add the artichokes and canned mushrooms Â½ hour just before the end of the cooking period. Finally, being single this recipe was way to much for me to eat in 1 or 2 days, so I vacuum bagged half and into the freezer. However, since I liked this recipe so much, by the next weekend I ate the frozen portion. Overall this recipe was very good and you deserve 5 stars/feathers in your cap. Thank you for sharing this winning recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, fresh (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 cup broccoli slaw mix (may substitute broccoli florets)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped canned artichoke heart (not marinated)
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese (may sub cream cheese)
- 4 large uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease the inside of the crock pot and dump in your rice and sprinkle carrots and broccoli slaw on top. In a bowl, mix the soup, onion, artichokes, soy sauce and cheese. Pour half the soup mixture over the rice/carrots and give it a stir. Place the chicken on top, then pour the rest of the soup mixture on top. Cover and cook for 3 hours on high. Serve with some warm crusty bread and butter.