Recipe by Nicole H.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This recipe originated from my boyfriend one Saturday morning and is now a required weekly rotation. You can vary on types of cheese. Our preference, however, is a sharp cheddar. It has a nice, strong flavor that really melds all the flavors well. You may also vary on peppers. We prefer the Orange due to the sweetness.
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 6 eggs
- 0.5 (16 ounce) packagethick sliced bacon
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp. Blot with paper towel and set aside. Cook potatoes according to directions with 1 diced pepper. Once veggies are tender put on lowest setting. Cut bacon with kitchen scissors about 1/2 inch bites. Add to veggies along with cheese. Once cheese is melted, add eggs one at a time. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning. Stir constantly until eggs are no longer runny. ENJOY!