Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a warm,cozy dinner,make this ahead of time,a day earlier to let chill overnight. 8)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 10 slices bread, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- Melt the butter.
- Add the bread cubes,stir until coated.
- Add the cheese,stir well.
- Combine the egg yolks,milk,mustard,salt& pepper.
- Beat mixture well.
- Pour this over the bread cubes.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff,not dry.
- Fold in the bread mixture.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 12x8x2 baking dish.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Bake,uncovered at 325 for a half hour,or until set.