Recipe by BecR
Great tasting & simple to make, these enchiladas are a real family pleaser! Wonderful made with Shredded Beef Versatile Roast Beef in the Crock Pot, also very tasty made with browned ground beef or shredded chicken. Serve with a side of refried beans and garnish with sliced black olives, green onion, guacamole and sour cream as desired. Yum!
- 1 lb shredded beef (or ground beef or shredded chicken)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 19 ounces enchilada sauce (red or green)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dozen flour tortillas or 1 dozen corn tortilla
- sliced black olives (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat shredded beef (or cooked ground beef, shredded chicken).
- Add the chopped green chiles and the garlic powder to the meat; mix well. You may also like to add some sliced black olives and chopped green onions.
- Mix in 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Warm the tortillas for a minute in the microwave, or warm in the oven.
- Spread about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Place a spoonful of meat mixture onto a tortilla; roll up and place seam down in baking pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas, placing them side by side in the pan as you go.
- Spread remaining enchilada sauce and any meat mixture over top of tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with a side of refried beans and garnish as desired with black olives, green onions, guacamole, and sour cream.