Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is really good and simple to throw together, great for a fast and simple weeknight meal.... the Minute rice really cuts the cooking time down! All the seasonings and cheese can be adjusted to suit taste...from stove to table in around 1 hour!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked Minute Rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a extra large (oven-proof) fry pan, brown the ground beef with the chopped onions, green pepper and garlic, until beef is no longer pink; drain all fat.
- Add in ALL remaining ingredients (except the rice); mix well to combine.
- Adjust all seasoning to suit taste.
- Cook and simmer for 5-7 minutes (on top of stove).
- Add in the Minute rice; stir to combine.
- Cover with lid and place/cook in the oven for 25 minutes, or until rice is soft and is desired texture.
- Sprinkle with more grated cheddar cheese if desired.