Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the 2004 Pillsbury " Back To School " Hamburger Cookbook. Now after preparing the recipe, I did a taste test and deciding it needed some " perking up " I added a couple of additional ingredients which made a big difference.Posted to Food.com ( a.k.a. " ZAAR " ) on August 7th.,2012
- 6 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta i used the mini-bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (8 medium)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa, your choice of heat level (I used medium)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar and american blend cheese (I used a Triple Cheese blend)
- Cook pasta according to package directions,drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking,in a nonstick skillet over medium heat,add ground beef and sprinkle with seasoned salt and garlic powder cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Take 2 tablespoons of onions and set aside for garnish;add remaining onions,soup,and salsa into beef, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta,red pepper flakes and oregano and cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through,stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cook until just melted and sprinkle with remaining onion.
- Sprinkle with reserved onion( I just added the onion to each serving,and also sprinkled extra cheese on each serving.).