Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My dad used to make this once a week growing up. The recipe came off a tortilla wrapper over 20 years ago. Super easy, cheap, lowfat, and yummy! Serve with a salad for a great weeknight meal.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until clear.
- Reduce heat to medium, add green chilies, refried beans, and spices.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until hot.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and combined.
- Turn heat to low.
- Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tortilla and cook about 1 minute per side, until slightly golden brown.
- Remove tortilla to plate, spread 1/8 bean mixture, and wrap into a burrito.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 with remaining tortillas.
These burritos went together really fast and were very good. I did add extra shredded cheese on top of the bean mixture after spreading on the tortillas because we like extra cheesy. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.