Recipe by GreenEyedLS
My dad used to make this once a week growing up. The recipe came off a tortilla wrapper over 20 years ago. Super easy, cheap, lowfat, and yummy! Serve with a salad for a great weeknight meal.
Top Review by LainieBug
These burritos went together really fast and were very good. I did add extra shredded cheese on top of the bean mixture after spreading on the tortillas because we like extra cheesy. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until clear.
- Reduce heat to medium, add green chilies, refried beans, and spices.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until hot.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and combined.
- Turn heat to low.
- Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tortilla and cook about 1 minute per side, until slightly golden brown.
- Remove tortilla to plate, spread 1/8 bean mixture, and wrap into a burrito.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 with remaining tortillas.