Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An incredible recipe, and my fish is never overdone and a definite kid pleaser
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine all ingredients up through salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 the mixture in a sprayed 13x9 baking dish.
- Place thawed fish on top of crumb mixture. Sprinkle lemon juice over fish, then sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over fish.
- Bake for 25 min until flakes easily with a fork.
This was good and different. I followed the recipe other then I didn't add the nutmeg or the lemon juice. Next time I would cut back on the breadcrumbs as we thought there was too much. I also added a bit more cheddar then noted. This had a good taste to it.
This was a good recipe. I did leave out the nutmeg since I am not a fan of nutmeg and I used cod instead of tilapia, otherwise, made as posted. It was easy to make. Thanks for posting!
This was pretty good. I think next time I will omit the Old Bay seasoning as my family didn't like that taste.