Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy and delicious way to prepare quesadillas, suitable for a snack or serve with rice for a meal! The best part, you don't need prepackaged taco seasoning to flavor the meat! Serve with Salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. Ta-da! This recipe can easily be doubled or halved.
- preheat oven to 350.
- cut chicken into small pieces.
- add chicken, onion & butter to fryingpan, sautee over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- while chicken cooks: place 4 tortillas on cookie sheet and spread a thin layer of refried beans on each, then top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- once chicken is cooked, lower heat and add chili powder, paprika, and ground cumin, stir well.
- divide chicken and onions among tortillas, spread evenly on top of cheese, top with 1/4 cup cheese on each.
- top with another tortilla.
- bake for 10 minutes.
- Optional: melt 3 tbs. butter and brush on the top of each tortilla, broil until crispy and golden!