Recipe by Ms B.
Recipe was found on the side of a box of Pillsbury Moist Supreme Lemon Cake Mix. I debated about posting, as there are similar recipes already in the Zaar database that use powdered sugar instead of the canned frosting in the cheesecake layer. I prepared these as a quick, last minute offering for Hubby to take to a local function, and didn't get to taste myself. However, he told me that my pan was one of the first things empty on the dessert table. I hope that means they were good. :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagepillsbury moist supreme lemon cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) canpillsbury creamy supreme lemon frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9x13 pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine and egg at low speed until crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 cup mixture; set aside.
- Press remaining mixture in greased and floured pan.
- In small bowl, combine frosting, cream cheese and egg at low speed until well blended; beat at high speed until smooth.
- Spread over base.
- Sprinkle reserved cake mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes until edges are light golden brown and center is firm to touch.
- Cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator.