Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe was found on the side of a box of Pillsbury Moist Supreme Lemon Cake Mix. I debated about posting, as there are similar recipes already in the Zaar database that use powdered sugar instead of the canned frosting in the cheesecake layer. I prepared these as a quick, last minute offering for Hubby to take to a local function, and didn't get to taste myself. However, he told me that my pan was one of the first things empty on the dessert table. I hope that means they were good. :)
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9x13 pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine and egg at low speed until crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 cup mixture; set aside.
- Press remaining mixture in greased and floured pan.
- In small bowl, combine frosting, cream cheese and egg at low speed until well blended; beat at high speed until smooth.
- Spread over base.
- Sprinkle reserved cake mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes until edges are light golden brown and center is firm to touch.
- Cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator.
Very good and easy. People who love lemon really go for this. I had some dehydrated lemon peel in my spice drawer, so I added some to the base layer. Yum!
Not great, but not bad. I took to a pot-luck and only four pieces were eaten. Maybe it was because I made it in the wrong season. I decided to make this because I had all the ingredients and it was very easy.
Easy to make and very tasty. I really enjoyed. Thanks for posting.