Recipe by valandsnoopy
These are a favourite at our house. They freeze well, but there is hardly a time, when I get the chance to freeze them, before they are eaten!
Top Review by okpat1
I've been making these for almost 30 years!! The last 4 from my Christmas batch are in the refrigerator but they'll be gone tonight. These mini cheesecakes look great in the foil cupcake papers. For Christmas and Valentines Day I always use the cherry pie filling. For 4th of July I make a nice display using cherry, blueberry and either pineapple filling or whipped cream for red, white and blue. These are very popular wherever I take them. I have adjusted my recipe now to say the yield is 30.
- 36 medium paper baking cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 36 vanilla wafers
- 3 (250 g) packages cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat sugar, cheese, eggs, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Line cupcake pans with papers. Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each.
- Spoon cheese mixture over wafers, to fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 minutes and cool. Cupcakes will sink in the middle while cooling.
- Spoon pie filling on each cupcake and refrigerate at least one hour.