Recipe by Countrywife
It's quick to make and easy to remember and forgiving. More sour cream makes it creamier, less is stiffer. I've topped it with nothing, sour cream, pie filling, fresh fruit, even lemon Jello.
Top Review by csgeddes
This is a quick, satisfying, and tasty little cheesecake fix' and that is why it is so darn appealing. It tastes great as written. I always prefer using 1/4 cup sugar to reduce the calories and cut the sweetness......but then make up for those 'lost' calories by using 3/4 cup sour cream! Besides the vanilla, I also always add just a touch of grated lemon rind (just the yellow) because it makes a world of difference in the flavour. If there's a jar of maraschino cherries left with just a few floating around, I will drain well and rough chop a couple and add them at the very end. Sometimes I will use graham cracker crumbs and margarine and a pinch of sugar to quickly do up my own crust and press it into the pie plate with the flat bottom of a small juice glass. That makes a major difference in the flavour department too. What an easy but decadent treat to scarf up all by yourself.....ummm...errr....well, I mean with neighbours and friends of course....
- 1 store-bought graham cracker crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- more sour cream, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Mix in sour cream and then eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until 2-inch circle in middle jiggles when shook.
- (optional) Spread with sour cream.
- Top with fresh fruit, or canned pie filling, or just eat.