Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Light, delicious, simple, and easy to whip together quickly!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs (18 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 (1 lb) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- canned cherry pie filling (optional)
- 1. Melt the butter and mix with sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Press into bottom of cake/pie pan to make the crust. Tip: Use a smaller pie pan to press it into the dish and shape the crust.
- 2. Bake for five minutes at 300 degrees. Cool.
- 3. Put egg yolks, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice in a large bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- 4. Whip egg whites until fluffy and stiff with egg beater.
- 5. Fold batter into egg whites until all the batter and whipped egg whites are evenly distributed. Pour mixture into now cooled crust.
- 6. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Optional: top with canned cherry pie filling (or other topping of your choice).
Very light and fluffy and easy to make. This has a totally different texture than I am use to in cheesecakes. I think with the cheesecake being so fluffy it lost a little of the cream cheese flavor. I topped it off with no sugar added cherry pie filling. Makes for a nice light dessert. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2014.