Recipe by Kristen in Chicago
My mom used to make this for us when we were little and I love to make this for myself now that I'm older.
Top Review by maryL in Canada
I made this last night for dinner. It was easy and delicious, Thanks for a wonderful casserole. My kids liked it too which is an added bonus. The only thing I would change the next time would be to add a little more ketchup.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup grated sharp American cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup dry buttermilk biscuit mix
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400-F degrees.
- Brown the ground beef and onion and then drain off excess fat.
- Stir in the ketchup, salt, pepper, and hash brown potatoes.
- Place in a greased 10-inch pie plate and top with the american cheese.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- (It will look lumpy.) Pour over the ground beef and cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until set.
- Let it stand about 5 minutes before slicing.