Recipe by Sassy in da South
An easy appetizer or just to eat anytime bread. Nothing sky-rocketing about this recipe but my grandkids love it and love to help prepare it.
Top Review by carbsrfromhvn
I have not tried this recipe the way you make it, however, I have been making a similar recipe for years that I just love. It has only a few differences from yours. When browing the ground beef I also use fresh garlic and onion. I serve with a fresh 'salsa' of chopped onion, bell pepper, and tomato. Whats not to like!
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef; combine beef & garlic powder; set aside.
- Butter both halves of bread; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Stir sour cream into beef mixture; spread onto bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts; slice to serve.